Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cleansing

Lately I have been feeling tired and kind of run down. I am not running at 100%.  Why is this?  Probably a dozen different reasons, but more importantly, what can I do about it?  I turn to Google for answers and find out that I am, of course, not unique and that everybody feels like this at some point.  What do all these people do about it?  A cleanse.  Being the natural skeptic that I am I just didn't buy into the idea that you take some magical concoction and suddenly all is well.  I came across the Dr. Oz 48 Hour Cleanse and it sounded completely different than all the hokey magical concoction cleanses.  I am not a devotee of Dr. Oz (to be honest I didn't really know who he was) but the more I read the more his stuff made sense.  His cleanse is not based on weight loss, it's based on whole foods that help your body work better.  I figured it couldn't hurt so I gave it a try.  It wasn't difficult to do, a shopping list and recipes are on his website and the food was easy to prepare.  I thought the lunch smoothie and dinner broth were pretty good, I did not enjoy the quinoa and prunes for breakfast but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten. I never felt like I was starving and it wasn't a torturous experience.  The first day I felt tired but by mid-morning the next day I felt pretty good.  The next day I felt even better.  That was a week ago and I am still feeling great.  You can do just about anything for 48 hours, and the next time I am feeling in need of a tune-up I would do this cleanse again.

       quinoa and prunes  
                                     (tasted only slightly better than it looks)                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment