Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's A Sign

Danville has a cute small-town tradition that I really like, when it's someone's birthday you mark the occasion by making a sign and putting it on the Old Oak Tree downtown. The tree is usually full of birthday wishes, it's fun to drive by and read them. I'm all for traditions and birthday recognition, so you bet that when it's my kids birthday there will be a sign. It's one thing to make the sign, it's a whole other thing to run across traffic to the tree and then put the thing up. Big thanks to Steve for always doing the dirty work.



I think she'll like it, I can't wait for her to see it tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cool thing to do! My kids would love the idea of a birthday tree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There wasn't too much dirty work in hanging the sign, creating it was the real project. All I had to do was tape it up and not get run over.

    ReplyDelete