Saturday, August 11, 2012

40


Happy Birthday to me! 

Let's all just take a moment and wrap our minds around the fact that I'm 40 years old.  I'm not sure I know how to be 40.  I have always been younger than everyone.  I am the baby of my family, the youngest of my friend group, the youngest parent of all my kids friends...  Obviously I am still all of those things but now I am old, too.  When you reach these milestone ages you can't help but reflect and assess and wonder if you're where should be.  I don't know if I've accomplished enough or if I've wasted too much time or even what I should do next. Forty is very perplexing to me.  I decided long ago that the best way to deal with aging was to embrace it.  I will never lie about my age, it is what it is, and it is way better than the alternative.  I will gladly proclaim that I'm 40 and I will be fabulous about it,  and while I'm doing that I will be figuring out what it means to be 40.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment