Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Lost Supper


That's it, no more, it's all over. Six years of mysteries and mythology all came down to the Series Finale. There are a lot of questions that were left unanswered, (Walt, anyone?) but the end was emotionally satisfying. When it's all over you just put the little things aside and look at the big picture and you think, that was a pretty great ride.

I never expected LOST to become part of our family lexicon, but the four of us have watched every episode together, it's part of us. Last summer we watched LOST every single day, and this year, Tuesday was LOST day, and there we were on the couch watching together and trying to figure it all out.

Obviously we couldn't let Lost go without a big sendoff, so we had a Lost Supper. The menu was island inspired (pulled pork = wild boar) and delicious. We had fun drinks, and I even made DHARMA fish biscuits. (I put DHARMA labels on just about every food item in the house, it's really funny when you open our cupboards) The whole night was fun and emotional and a great way to say goodbye.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun family night! 6 years is a long time...it deserved a send-off! I'm glad you took pictures to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I have been amazed with how caught so many got in this series. I'm afraid that the few times I watched, I was totally lost myself .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit it, I have never seen LOST, but it does look intriguing. You never cease to amaze me with all of your creative ideas. I love how you celebrated the finale with a family night, dinner and all. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete