Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm A Mac


I am not a happy camper this week. I am computer-less and that makes me grumpy.


On Friday I noticed a yellow line on my monitor. (the line wasn't interfering with the computer working, it was just annoying. Who wants a line running down their screen?) After some reasearch I found out it's a hardware problem, I called the Apple support line and they hooked me up with an appointment to fix it free of charge. (I love Apple, I really, really do) Leaving my computer with them was like leaving a sick child with a stranger, I did not enjoy doing it.


The good - getting my computer fixed for free
The bad - not having my computer for a week


When I say I am computer-less, I mean I am without my own personal computer. Our house is full of computers, they're just not mine. The kids, and Steve, are very propriatary about their computers, they don't like anyone else touching them. (I don't really want to use them anyway, they're all PC's and I'm a Mac, but desperate times call for desperate measures) I had to wait until Dagny went to school to sneak in some blogging time.


What have I learned from this situation?

  • I'm far too dependent on technology
  • my kids need to learn how to share
  • Mac's are better than PC's (actually, I already knew that)

6 comments:

  1. I've never used a Mac...maybe it will happen someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Mac too but everyone else in my family (both sides) are PCs. It's nice to know I'm not alone. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Apple kool-aid must be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL What is this world coming to when you have to sneak to use your child's computer . . . that I bet mom & dad bought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was recently without my computer for a week. It was HORRIBLE! I don't know how we ever managed without them. I have nevr worked with a MAC and am probable too old to switch:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. clicking "like" for Steve's comment ;] lol

    ReplyDelete