Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Boy Who Lived

I feel sorry for all the future generations that will be able to read all 7 Harry Potter books back-to-back, or have a movie marathon and watch all 8 movies at one time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they will have Harry Potter in their lives, it's just sad that they won't get to experience the suspense.  They can just pick up the next book, watch the next movie, they'll never take the time to properly mourn Dumbledore or spend months wondering if Snape is actually evil.  They won't get to go to book release parties or midnight movie premiers.  My kids have done all that, they've grow up with Harry Potter and they got to enjoy all the suspense. It was awesome.  (I think their only disappointment was when they turned 11 and didn't get a letter from Hogwarts)

We just saw Deathly Hallows: Part I (if you liked the book you will like the movie, go see it) and now we have to wait until next summer for the conclusion.  I'm glad they decided to make the last book into 2 movies, that means there is still a little bit of suspense to savor.  


Dane as Harry '05

1 comment: