Thursday, July 15, 2010

Family Ties

Why would I go to Arizona in the middle of July?

That's a question I heard from everybody. They think that Arizona is a hot, miserable place in the summer and why would I willingly spend time there?

The answer is simple -

Family


Highlights of the trip
  • late night talks
  • family fun
  • home cooking
  • cousins
  • Eegee's
  • lanyards
Being part of Sabrina's family for a week was a wonderful thing. She doesn't simply have a house, she has a home and she welcomed us into it. When we planned the trip we thought we'd just be seeing Sabrina and her family, maybe a couple of my other siblings, instead we got practically my entire family. Sabrina planned a mini-reunion and almost everyone was there. We partied late into the night and had a great time.

Dane and Kendrick got to spend lots of quality time together, in fact we barely saw them, they were always off playing on their own. It's wonderful to see the friendship the two of them have formed.

I blame all of this familial bonding on blogging. Because of all the blogs (mine, Sabrina's, her kids...) we have become part of eachother's daily lives. When we see eachother it's like picking up in the middle a sentence. When you live far apart that is a gift.

We enjoyed every minute of our time in Arizona, the only sad thing is that we didn't get to stay longer. Luckily we are already planning our next trip...



3 comments:

  1. So wait! I missed something....when is the NEXT trip???? It was so great to see you. And you are right, because of the blogs, visiting with you was like picking right up in the middle of a sentence. It was great, and I hope we get to do it more often as time goes on! My girls also want to come visit you. They are avid dog lovers and can hardly wait to come see yours. (They see them on your blog all the time!) It was wonderful to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means a lot to me that you would come and visit especially in the month of July. We had a great time and can't wait until we see you again! In the mean time we will continue to blog together. It has opened up a whole new way to stay in touch. I am so glad you joined the blogging world.

    Family is very important to me and I am thankful that you as part of my family circle. Hopefully next time we are together Steve and Dagny will be able to be there, we missed them.

    P.S. Kendrick had an amazing time with Dane and both he and Shantell are already saving up for a visit, so it looks like I am going to have to work on being brave enough to send them on a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is what I felt like I was missing all of my life since I have only brothers!

    ReplyDelete