Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Taking One For The Team

This is what the last two weeks of Dane's life looked like

Football, football, and then some more football


Football camp was tough this year; it was full contact, scorching hot, and Dane was playing on an injured ankle. He played through the pain, had some fun, and hopefully learned a few things.

It was my job to get him to camp everyday, and since it was far away, I was left with a choice; go home, then drive back in rush hour traffic, or hang out and wait. I chose hang out and wait. Between my Kindle, iPhone, shopping, and having long, leisurely lunches with my girlfriends, I was able to keep myself occupied.

As a matter of fact, I really enjoyed football camp.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you chose to spend "football camp" this year. It sounds marvelous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how these young men can play with injuries. Football can be very character building. I especially enjoyed hearing how much you enjoyed your football camp this year. :)

    ReplyDelete