Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Party Time

I am throwing a Prom Party for Dagny and all her friends.  There will be a pre-party for picture taking and the corsage/boutonniere exchanges, and an after party so the fun doesn't have to end when the prom does.  The fun will actually last all night because the after party is a sleepover.  A co-ed sleepover.  Yeah, I agreed to that. I've had people tell me that I'm crazy to do this, but I think that with proper chaperoning it will work and be fun for everyone. (except for me and Steve since we will not be sleeping, at all)

Party planning is ridiculously fun for me, I thoroughly enjoy all the little details that make a party unique and memorable.  Since this is her party Dagny is my party planning partner.  I run all of my ideas past her and 90% of the time she agrees with me, and the other 10% she thinks I'm going overboard and she brings me back to reality.  She's good like that.  Dagny came up with the color scheme for the party, silver and white.  It sounded kind of bridal to me, but Dagny didn't want anybody's dress to clash with the decor so everyone would have beautiful prom pictures.  I thought that was thoughtful of her, so silver and white it is.  I am making all the decorations myself (with some engineering help from Steve) and I am really hoping that everything turns out the way I see it in my head. If it does, this is going to be the best prom party ever.


  1. I can hardly wait to hear all about it! I think it is a great, and safe way, to have a lot of fun! i never got to go to any "after prom parties" because none of them were chaperoned...so I was that lame kid that had to go home the minute the dance was over...this idea sounds way fun!!!!

  2. Thankyou for letting me be a part of the "proper chaperoning." You guys are amazing! :)