Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

A couple of peculiar things happened on Thanksgiving this year - I cooked the entire meal all by myself, and I didn't take a single picture of anything all day.  

Since there is no photographic evidence of the holiday, let's just pretend that it looked like this


Preparing the meal wasn't too difficult, I used some of my sister Sabrina's recipes, kept the menu simple, and since I was only cooking for 6 people it wasn't stressful at all.  I cooked a turkey breast in the slow-cooker and that was amazing, everything ended up on the table warm and at the same time so I felt pretty great about the whole thing.  We had Steve's dad and his wife join us and it was an intimate, lovely meal.  Every year we have much to be thankful for, but this year I think we all felt an extra bit of thankfulness for each other and that we have had yet another year together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment