Monday, December 10, 2012

Marshmallow World

Back in November I got a new iPhone as an early Christmas present.  I love it, of course, but I have yet to put any music on it.  Which is weird, considering my need for a soundtrack to my daily life, but I still  have an empty iTunes library.  Pandora to the rescue.  Pandora is just about the greatest thing ever and it is fulfilling my life soundtrack needs and filling my days with all the best Christmas music.  I am very picky about my holiday music, I think that Christmas should sound like a 50's holiday cocktail party.  I need Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Judy Garland, Nancy Wilson, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald... That is Christmas to me.  I do like some of the modern Christmas offerings, (Elton John, Beach Boys, Stevie Wonder... and since I grew up in the 80's I am obligated to love Last Christmas by Wham!.  I know, not a good song, but I just can't help it) but mostly I think they are horrible and they do not put me in a Christmassy mood.  (to be fair, there is also old stuff that I dislike, no matter who is singing it.  My all-time least favorite holiday song? The Little Drummer Boy followed closely by Silver Bells) Pandora made me a 'Swingin' Christmas' station and that fulfilled every holiday cocktail party fantasy I have ever had.  My favorite thing Pandora gave me was Christmas with the Rat Pack.  All the best songs in the same place. Merry Christmas to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment