Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Than I Bargained For

I always wanted one of these



Now I have one of these


When you're pregnant all you can think about is that you're having a baby! You read all the books, buy all the tiny clothes, listen to all the advice on breast feeding and surviving sleepless nights... What nobody mentions to you is that what you're preparing for will last for about 5 minutes, sooner than you think precious babies turn into teenagers. There's a reason they start out small and cute, enjoy it while it lasts.

5 comments:

  1. The teenage time is like a refiners fire, when all is said and done they return to us again polished and refined. Hang in there the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby picture! I know teenage years are hard...they are hard on the teenager too (try not to forget that!). But I think what my mom said is right. Those are refining years for everyone. And once we make it out, we then become wonderful friends once more. I feel like I am missing out on wonderful times with my mom because I have to work so much. And I know my kids are missing time with me. But we all hope that next year we will be able to put things right and all enjoy each other as we should. In the mean time, remember to breathe, count to ten when needed, and you guys will make it out alright! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tongue firmly in cheek on this post. As far as teenagers go Dagny is a pretty great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations your American friend Blog this note 10. I will always be visiting your space. A hug from Brazil Manoel Limoeiro.

    ReplyDelete