Friday, August 14, 2009

S'mores

When I think about holidays I think about Christmas, Halloween, New Years... I imagine most people are like me and the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about holidays isn't Squirrel Appreciation Day (January 21), National Superhero Day (March 22), or Rubber Eraser Day(April 15). I'm not saying those things don't deserve recognition, but did you know that to get a day formalized it has to go through congress? Imagine how much time was spent debating the merits of Play Doh Day (September 16). Yes, those are your tax dollars at work. I'm not complaining, occasionally they come up with a day that I can really get behind. One of those would be National S'mores Day on August 10th. Celebrate chocolate and marshmallows, you bet! I like s'mores because I think the way I make them is so clever. I'm certain I'm not the first person to think of this, but it's still pretty awesome. I'm not a fan of Hershey's chocolate, (if you're going to eat chocolate it should be the good stuff) so we make s'mores with Petite Ecolier cookies. The chocolate is already attached to the cookie, brilliant!



I've already missed some really good National Holidays this year like Public Sleeping Day (February 28) and Blame Someone Else Day (First Friday the 13th of the year) but I'm not going to miss Relaxation Day on August 15th.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I was unaware of most of the National Holidays of which you have spoken about. My life is much too busy to even think about them. Maybe if I took the time to enjoy Relaxation Day, I might have more energy to celelbrate the rest. What do you think?
    As for S'mores, we love them! When camping we use the Chocolate Covered Keebler Graham Crackers. They also make ones filled with peanut butter and mint. They also make excellent S'mores.
    Enjoy your Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love all the holidays you mentioned. Since I have an "empty next" I just may have to think seriously about celebrating some of them.

    We used to use the cocolate covered graham crackers like Sabrina mentioned. The last time up to girl's camp, we used Reese's peanut butter cups with marsh mellows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smores! Wow, haven't had one of those in ages! Thanks for sharing all these other "holidays" with us!

    ReplyDelete