Monday, August 31, 2009

Kindle Update


Just in case you were wondering, the honeymoon is not over with my Kindle, I am still totally in love with it. We've been together for a few months now, and my feelings for it have only grown. I think it might be the most significant relationship in my life. Kindle came with me to Arizona and Hawaii, and was the ultimate travel companion. (portability is very important to me) I've read a ton of books, and enjoyed every moment Kindle and I have spent together. I won't lie, giving up dead-tree books has been difficult. Every time I'm in the bookstore buying something for the kids I'm tempted to pick up a little something for myself, but I resist. I know that Kindle and all it's wonderful features and 300,000 book options is waiting for me. I've even made some friends because of Kindle, when someone sees us together they stop and talk and I've gotten some really good book recommendations that way. Basically, my infatuation with the Kindle hasn't ended, I think we're going to live happily ever after. The End.

5 comments:

  1. Is the former love of your life (the iPhone) jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't lie...when you talk about your Kindle, I find myself really wanting one! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too find myself a bit envious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel a bit chagrined, my post was not intended to inspire envy, it was really about continuing to justify my purchase.

    The iPhone isn't jealous. The Kindle can't check my email, update my Facebook status or play games. The iPhone's place in my affections is secure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kindle is the bomb. I loves it.

    ReplyDelete