Monday, August 9, 2010

Big Sister

I just spent hours rummaging through old photo's looking for a picture from my childhood. Today is my sister Sabrina's birthday and I wanted to post a picture of us from when we were little. My search for the perfect picture was fruitless; either I don't own a picture of us from our childhood or they don't exist.

Sad, I know.

Since I have no nostalgic picture of my own to share, I will make do with this

The Elder Sister - William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1869)

I like to imagine that if I did have a picture it would look like that.
(except with unfortunate 70's fashions)

On my birthday Sabrina wrote a lovely post about taking care of me when I was a baby. For me she has always been a mixture of sister and mother. Now that we are adults, we can add friend to the list.

Happy Birthday Sabrina!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday MOM! I love that picture...and it creates a beautiful image of you two in younger years. How sweet is the relationship between sisters...I know I waited many years for one of my own, and now I am blessed with 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say, but I do not think such a picture exists, and if it does, Mom and Dad would never part with it. Thank you for the post and the special Birthday wish, it means a great deal to me! The picture you chose is perfect because it truly portrays the love between two sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such loveliness. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natasha! Just droppin' you a line...I've missed your posts the last few days! They always brighten my day. Hope all is well! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete