Friday, May 8, 2009

Summer Movie Guide



Summer is still a month away, but the summer movie season has already started.  The critics are lined up telling us what we should and shouldn't see, and what is worthy of our movie dollars. I won't tell you what you should see, but I will share my criteria for movie selection. 

There are 3 categories of movies;
  1. worth seeing in the theater
  2. worth Netflixing
  3. not worth seeing
Movies worth seeing in the theater are action movies that need to be seen on the big screen, movies that you want to see but can't wait until the DVD is released, and any movie that your girlfriends will go see with you. 

Movies worthy of a spot on your Netflix queue are things you wouldn't pay $10 to go see but are still interested in, movies that will make you cry, and any movie that you don't want people to know that you watched. 

Movies that are not worth seeing are the majority of new releases.   


4 comments:

  1. I agree with your categories, but I have a extra one: movies that you would have to strap me down and hold my eyes open ala "Clockwork Orange" to get me to sit through. This category includes most chick flicks, films starring Larry the Cable Guy, and the Star Wars prequels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are just a few movies coming out this summer that I would rate within your category 1. We look forward to seeing them at the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movies on the bottom of this post are the ones in category two, correct?
    I see Johnny Depp, so you'll probably be watching 'public enemies'.
    I for one want to watch 'where the wild things are'. Ten years too old or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We thought "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was a 1 and saw it in the theater, but it was actually a 2 and maybe a 3. Sabretooth was well done, much better than in first "X-Men" movie, but the rest was mostly ho-hum and Gambit was awful. Not even close the best comic book movies, which are: Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Dark Knight, Batman Begins, and Ironman (with X-Men United just missing out)

    ReplyDelete