I got to do something this week that I've never done before, I went to Back To School Night. Not a big deal for the other 2,000 parents that were there, but since it was my first time I found it kind of exciting.
The high points of my evening:
- Seeing what Dagny does every day
- meeting her teachers
- having the Biology teacher tell me that Dagny's intelligence is "stunning"
- being the youngest parent there (with the exception of some of the teachers and the student guides, I'm pretty sure I was the youngest person on campus)
The low points:
- constantly being asked for money
- being back in high school
I thought the whole night was quite interesting. I think Dagny has a couple of exceptional teachers, and as far as public high schools go, this is a really good one. It's amazing how much more accepted I am by the other parents now that I've "come to my senses and put Dagny in a proper school." One woman gushed about how wonderful it is for Dagny to be in a real school environment and that now that she's not at home I can do something with my life and I no longer have to "waste my potential by staying at home." I told her that Dane is still at home and that I will be wasting my potential for years to come.