Friday, September 11, 2009

Does The Real Tooth Fairy Have This Problem?

Who else out there has a collection of teeth? Seeing as how I am the Tooth Fairy around here, I have amassed a pile of teeth. Dane just lost the last of his baby teeth, and when I picked up his tooth the other night and put it with all the other teeth I've collected over the years, I was left wondering if I was the only mom with a stash of baby teeth. Now that I'm done collecting teeth what should I do with them? At my baby shower someone gave me a beautiful set of keepsake boxes; one for a lock of hair, one for a foot print, one for the first lost tooth... Great, the first lost tooth has a lovely resting place, what about the other 19? (actually 38 since I have 2 kids. My sister Sabrina will end up with about 140 teeth. Seriously, what do you do with all of them?) I'm pretty sure I'm unable to throw them away, and making jewelry out of them seems a bit macabre, so I'm left with a pile of teeth. I am officially open to suggestions.

*Just for the record, my kids have never believed in the Tooth Fairy, (or the Easter Bunny or Santa for that matter) they've always known it was me. Just because they don't believe doesn't mean that they don't want money for their precious teeth.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are in a league of very elite mothers who keep their children's teeth. Other than putting them in jewelry which our Father did on occasion, I suggest you hold on to them and let your children decide what to do with them when they are returned to them some day. As Dane is losing his last, Brigitta just got her first loose tooth. For me this is the beginning of the end of the Tooth Fairy at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the end of loosing baby teeth! My kids have yet to begin that adventure...so I'm not sure what to say about your pile of teeth. I do like the idea of letting your kids decide what to do with them. I'll be interested to know what you guys come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL the jewelry idea brought up such an image in my mind! I like Sabrina's idea too, not our problem. I think my kids must have gotten into my little stash because I have very few left around. . . and I was always glad when they went flying and we couldn't find them . . they got still got the mula !

    ReplyDelete