Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

My kids have joined the ranks of the standardized, they took their first ever STAR tests this week. Since they had never done anything like this before they were a bit anxious.  They came out of the testing feeling confident that they did well, in the end everything was easier than they thought it would be. It seems their worry was for nothing. I have a very low opinion about the validity of standardized tests,  yet I am strangely curious about their scores.  

2 comments:

  1. I was glad when high school was over and I did not have to be subjected to standardized tests any more. I am sure they did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Last year was the first time my home-schooled children participated in any sort of testing. I do not believe in the accuracy of standardized tests. There is much more involved in the learning process that ones ability to test well. The tests assume all children have the same learning experiences. I do admit however, that I am anxious when their scores arrive and so far have been pleased with how well they have done.

    ReplyDelete